I am back! I haven’t been very active here lately! So sorry! I was really busy doing my internship, working in the evening, applying for jobs and trying to put sport in my daily routine. Sometimes I wish a day had 30 hours just to get all the stuff done. Well, our days just have 24 hours and it is so difficult to give full power at work, while containing a social life and be active. It is much more easy to go directly to the sofa after work and stay there for the rest of the night. Anyway, I am also really enjoying the time right now, even though it is busy my internship is super interesting and I really like working with my co-workers. Last weekend we have been to Tarragona and it was a beautiful day. We went to visit the city and walked around. The best thing was that I found a second hand book shop where they sold books from R.L. Stine in Spanish. I don’t know if you know him, but he writes these scary books for teenagers – I was a true addict when I was younger and I finished the day laying in the park and reading this book. I was so relaxed after that weekend that I was super motivated following my good resolutions.
One resolution is of course to eat healthy, but there are just some days when I could go in my pyjamas to the supermarket at 10 pm just to get chocolate. So what to do about these days when we cannot eat healthy no matter how hard we try? I don’t know if you have heard it already, but ricepuddings are a thing! They are a perfect treat for the times when we have sugar cravings.
Ricepuddings are so fantastic. First of all, because they don’t need a lot of preparation, secondly, because of the neutral flavour of rice you can make them taste like anything and thirdly because you can make it with things you are likely to have at home anyway – so no night excursions to the next petrol station.
- 1 cup rice (I used risotto rice)
- 4 cups liquid (I used half rice milk and half water)
- 3 tbsp honey
- this is the thing – your type of flavor: I used matcha, cacao and lemon juice, but I am sure you could easily go for fruits or coffee or anything which comes to your mind. Creativity is the secret!
- cook the rice with the liquid and honey until soft (maybe you need to add some more liquid during the cooking process)
- let it cool down
- put the rice in a blender until it has a smooth texture
- add your flavor and blend it one more minute (1 tbsp Matcha powder, 3 tbsp cacao powder, juice of 1 lemon)